Monday, July 16, 2012

Shower "Vicks"

After seeing these on Pinterest a while ago, I assume during the American winter months I decided to make them!

Naz and I are both sick, I won't go into details but it can be pretty gross. We need something to clear our sinuses and we always shower together so it's win win!
Here's the *pin* where I originally saw it.
Basically it's a tablet that dissolves on the shower floor emanating a wonderful smelling steam. It turns a steamy shower into a steamy nose clearing shower.

Ingredients
2 c Bicarb Soda
Water
Eucalyptus and lavender oil




Bicarb into bowl, break up the lumps with a little whisk.




Slowly add water. I added WAY too much and had to add more bicarb.




Until its a paste




I didn't have fancy essential oils, I have these that I mix with vinegar and water to clean with. I added 3 capfuls of each




Poured them into a muffin pan and you leave them to set overnight.
I'll let you all know how they set and how long they last in the shower!
The next morning:




I'll use one tonight, can't wait!

The Verdict:




They are really great, next time I'll use "proper" essential oils or more of the ones I have, but I found them to be very good for clearing both our noses. I also used them to make me feel more awake in the mornings.

Try it and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely going to give these a go, I kept seeing them on pinterest too. I also by the shower emotions from lush so I might try and recreate those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how they go Mel!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest