Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chowder

Whenever I hear the word chowder I think of that Simpsons episode where Bart is at some fancy place and the waiter is talking to Mayor Quimbys son/brother (?) and they're comparing accents on the word chowder. Chowduuur or Chow-Da?

Then, I was perusing Pinterest as I (and you) do from time to time. When I stumbled upon this pin. So I decided to make this yummy healthy looking chow-da.
I doubled the recipe, put a chilli in instead of hot sauce and added way more bacon than it asks for.




Get chopping. Colourful = healthy. Except when we're talking about a rainbow paddle pop.




Add heaps of corn. I love corn. The recipe calls for 4 cobbs de-corned. So I added 2 cans.




Two potatoes that have been steamed




And mash em'




Then add your bacon




And chilli. Keep the seeds, take them out. Up to you! Just FYI my chowder was quite hot.




Add milk and simmer for 10 minutes. And enjoy! It's delicious annnnd healthy*!!!!!!



*except all that extra bacon :/

3 comments:

  1. this looks so delicious and healthy.
    Have a great weekend Simone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house the word chowder causes DH and I to break out in song singing Black Eyed Peas - Pump it. Only instead of the word louder, it's chowder. Lol. That's how we roll. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Bini I love it! Now I have that song in my head ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest