Friday, April 20, 2012

Bulk.

Having a sick baby sucks. Going up to my local childrens hospital's ER with said sick baby, isn't what I want to be doing. I'd rather be in bed. Asleep. Sleeping. You hear me germs? Lay off my son or you'll have me to answer to!

*shakes fist*

That feels better.

Now that the first item of business can be checked off, we can see the fun part of the last 24 hours for me!


I like to pick a day and then on that day all I do is cook. And then jam food into the freezer.

Today was that day.




Some apples and (peeled) plums getting stewed. Not naming names, but *someone* doesn't like plum skin.




Sweet potato and pumpkin steaming, ready to be mashed.




Grated zucchini, chopped onion and garlic.

This is the start of the most popular recipe on Taste.com.au Zucchini Slice My recipe is slightly different.




Add some grated carrot if you so wish. I did.




Add 5 eggs, 1 cup of SR flour, I added some milk and cheese.




Instead of making a big slab of zucchini slice I did minis. Let me get back to you on the practicality of the patty papers :/







Perfect for a slightly less sick babies dinner! The silicone muffin tin was a much better choice.



In my tiny freezer. Considering buying a deep freeze.

I also made a lasagne, but neglected to take photos of it. Oh well, maybe next time.

Do you bulk cook? Do you have and use a deep freeze?

2 comments:

  1. awww.. i hope you're baby feels better. i could only imagine how stressful that would be.
    i do bulk cook, on sundays, but don't freeze.
    i just do it every week and then use up everything by wed.
    thurs - fri we usually pick up subway/chipotle/or i make something light.
    fri - eat out.
    Happy Weekend Simone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest