Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Baking Sunday # 2

Day One

This Sunday I went to the Fremantle Markets with my sister Jade. Where I found and subsequently purchased these beauties.




So expect to see them guest starring in my posts from now on!
Sunday Baking Sunday
This Sunday I made:
Chocolate Fudge Ice cream
Jade whose blog you can see here sent me a link to this blog, with a recipe for Mocha Fudge Ice cream. It looks amazing!
I have slightly varied the recipe in that I made it with no coffee, hence no mocha in the title.
Now, I've never made ice cream before and am a complete rookie. But stick with me and together we might make something excellent and tasty!
Please keep in mind that this is the weather today in Perth




(106° Fahrenheit)
So going and buying ice cream would have been easier and involved less time standing in front of the stove stirring! BUT I am committed!




Ingredient roll call




Chop your chocolates and get your cocoa sorted




Yum sweetened condensed miiiiilk!




Put double cream, milk and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan
Stir stir stir




Keep stirring for centuries until you see bubbles around the edge




Add in chocolates and cocoa. Stir until melted and combined.




Pour into a container with a lid and allow to cool.
Refrigerate for an hour and then freeze overnight. This is where I'm up to and will post the finished product tomorrow.
To Be Continued...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest