Sunday, October 23, 2011

So this is where we end up...

Come one, come all!

Today I took my baby Naz to see a friend, so of course we had to come bearing gifts of the sweet kind. I googled some recipes and stumbled upon the words 'cheesecake brownies'. What? My two greatest loves melded together into one super sweet teeth rotter!? This cannot be!

Oh but it issssss

As I was going to a friends I doubled this recipe to keep some at home too. This took a lot of making lists and checking them twice to ensure I had the right amount of ingredients in the right place.





Is there a better sight than chocolate and butter melting together? I think not. Slowly melt over low heat and set aside to cool.






Then we are left with this, obviously it could be game over now and I could drink this. But stoically I will continue on, this is for the greater good!!






Just after the eggs and some of the sugar has been added.






Once the flour and sour cream are in the mix, it's a whole different ball game. This takes it from being a hot chocolate to BROWNIES






Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.






This is where it starts to get fun!! Get your separate mixtures ready.






Pour chocolate mixture into a lined and greased baking tray, smooth down.






Plop on the cheesecake component. Amazing right?






Smooth it out and using a skewer marble the white into the chocolate.






All cooked, firm to touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean.

Then you have to let it cool in the pan for at least an hour. Pure torture. Tick tock tick tock.






Until you can finally eat it! Trust me it's as delicious as it looks.

Here's the recipe:
Cheesecake Brownies

6 comments:

  1. Great first post :) you're an expressive writer, very entertaining :D I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Jade and Brooke :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment!
    These look amazing...my roommate and I are drooling over the computer right now! Can't wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummo!! Now it is only fair that you actually share the recipe. Right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I SO want this recipe!! You probably know by now that I am brownie addicted and I MUST try this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest