Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cinnamon + Sugar = Happiness

I saw this on the Joy The Baker Blog earlier this year and of course it looked amazing.

But I had never really done bread before. Let alone bread with sugar and layers.

Happily I made it there in the end.

You can find the recipe here

Combine two cups of flour, salt, yeast and sugar. Set aside.

























Whisk together eggs








Melt milk and butter until butter has just melted. Add h20 and vanilla. Stand for a few minutes.



Pour milk mixture into the dry ingredients, mix with spatula.




Add eggs. The remaining 3/4 cup of flour. It will be sticky.




Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover with cling film and a tea towel.




Whisk together sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Brown the butter.




Once dough has doubled in size, knead in 2 tbs of flour into the dough.




Roll dough out to 12x20"




Brush on butter.




Sprinkle all sugar on




Cut into 6 strips




Stack on top of each other, cut the stack into six equal pieces. This was VERY messy and a lot of the sugar came off. But onwards I pressed.




Put into tin, notice I tried to save some of the sugar? At this point I thought I'd wasted my time. Cover for 30-45 minutes.




Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees.




Serve warm with a cup of tea





This is messy and there are infinity dishes, but trust me it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you cook for me when I come home?
    That looks great Sim. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never hang around long enough ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest